These lil’ tea biscuits shocked me!
Kneading, Rolling, cookie cutter…. I think I avoided this recipe for awhile because the instructions alone make me feel like I will be prepping these forever! I am all about quick cooking/baking. But photography & bake time included, I was done in 30 minutes!
2 ingredients and simple instructions, I’m now sold on Bisquick! I will buy it again! One thing to note is that the recipe indicates that these should bake 12 – 15 minutes. I pulled them out at 10 minutes, and as you can see from my pictures, they are a bit dark. I would recommend a 7-9 minute bake time.
Here is grandma’s recipe card:
And here is the printable recipe:
- 3 cups “Make Your Own Mix”
- 3/4 cup milk
- Add milk all at once to mix & stir with a fork until all flour is moistened; do not over mix.
- Turn out on lightly floured surface and knead gently for 20 seconds.
- Roll out to 1/2″ thickness, cut with floured biscuit cutter, making one sharp cut for each.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 7-9 minutes (original recipe indicates 12-15min)
Yields 12 biscuits (using a 2.5″ cutter)